Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Man Can Drown In a Teacup

I heard this today and it struck a cord with me.

I couldnt help but think how absolutely true it is...
Some people live their lives in a teacup. Small, unthreatening and fragile. They stay with what they know, never push the boundaries of their reality, and keep things simple. And yet they still manage to get their head under water and drown. I'm absolutely not disparaging anyone for having a simple life, sometimes I wish I could. I'm only baffled by their ability to become completely consumed by the obstacles that get thrown at them and their inability to rise above. But enough about obscure other people that I have no right to talk about in the first place.
Let's talk about me...
I try to have a HUGE life. I live in an ocean of a life and I am riding the waves. I have always met adversity and trial head on with an invincible attitude and an optimistic view of the outcome. I revel in tribulation and scoff at the mundane. In the ocean of my life I am swimming at times, surfing most often, and grabbing a lifeboat when I need help, but I never let my head sink below water. I don’t say all of this to brag, it’s not really my style… well that may be a lie… but the truth is that I often wonder how I became this person. How and when did I make the decision never to drown in a teacup? It was my choice. I could easily do it. Many people do. But what makes one person choose to rise to their challenges and another suffocate under them? I’m not sure, but I am glad I made the right choice.



Surfs Up

1 comment:

Celestie said...

This was the most inspirational thing I've read in a long time. You freaking rock.