Monday, December 27, 2010

Progressive Living Situation Part 3

The Final Chapter...

So finding an apartment in New York is the most impossibly insane thing I've ever been a part of! I couldn’t do it by myself. If I were to tackle getting an apartment without a broker I would have been scammed out of first and last month’s rent and end up living in Central Park. So I got a broker and paid an insane fee that ended up being totally worth it.

But just because I had a broker didn't mean the ordeal was any easier. We went out looking at apartments on so many different occasions I felt like I was dating the guy.
(which would NOT have been a bad thing)

Once we found one good enough to live in we would head back to the office and put in an offer. But EVER time it was always taken by the time I got my info in. Apartments go so fast around here that I thought I would NEVER be the first person to apply and I was getting nervous.

I shouldn't have been.

I am a firm believer that things work out the way they do for a reason. I had applied for some pretty great apartments but all PALED in comparison to the last one I finally looked at!!

It is the most AMAZING place!! I love everything about it and on top of that, it's HUGE!! I say the word huge because it's big even for a Utah apartment; and I live in New York, home of the 200 square foot apartment. I mean HUGE!!

I have so much space I gave a whole room to hula hooping.

So the first room is my living room, but through the archway is my hula hooping room. That's what I've decided to call it. The Hula Hooping Room. Every house should have one.

I'll post all of the pics with my furnished apartment later, but here is just a sneak peak...

I LOVE this place!!!

2 comments:

Celestie said...

You've inspired me to have a hula hoop room as well. PS, freaking ADORABLE apartment!! I. Love. It!!!!

AnimeFeaver said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see furnished pictures