Saturday, December 18, 2010

Restless

I want to do SO many things ALL THE TIME!!!

It's like I'm one major ball of indecision. I want to have a million hobbies and live in a zillion different places and have more adventures than I have days of my life. I don't know how I'm going to fit everything in.

I want to...
play the violin, paint, hula hoop, do martial arts, be a dancer, interior decorate, dog walker, write a novel, become a chef or a contortionist or a hypnotist, speak Spanish and German and know Sign Language, climb Mt. Everest, and backpack through Europe.

My wise, wise aunt explained to me that I will never be good at anything until I pick the one thing I want and stick with it. That's why I'm awful at painting and playing the violin, I'm mediocre at hula hooping and speaking Spanish and am only good at being a social worker because they give me money to stick with that.

So I know that I just need to find my passion and make that my life. That way I'll be amazing at it and maybe I won’t let myself be pulled a part in a thousand different directions. But it's so hard when there are so many exciting things in the world.

I also want to...
Sail around South America on a sailboat and visit all of the coastal countries, live in a tree, move to Spain, live in one of those small English towns where everyone knows each other so well it's annoying, spend time in an Ashram in India, be on the Amazing Race, do humanitarian aid for an impoverished African village and sail around the world in a hot air balloon.

I can't possibly see how I can pick just one thing an dedicate my life to it.

I sure hope reincarnation is real.

No comments: