Sunday, February 6, 2011

So Far We're Happy Together

While my ipod was shuffling the other day I happened upon a love song that I’m rather fond of and it made me think.

There are a lot of love songs out there, but what the market could really use are some I-like-you-a-lot-but-we-haven't-been-dating-long-however-I'd-like-to-see-where-this-goes songs.
This inspired me to write one…

So Far We’re Happy Together- By The Turtles
(Play it in the background, it works sanz a couple of spots, but I’m too lazy to fix them)

Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you off and on
It hasn’t been long
To think about the girl you just met
It can’t be wrong
So far we’re happy together

If I should text you up, invest my time
And you flirt back with me
I’ll lose my mind
Imagine how today could be, so very fine
So far we’re happy together

I can see me likin’ nobody but you
For the time being
When you’re with me baby the skies’ll be blue
For the time being

Me and you and you and me
I have to say I like you lots
But just hold on
It’s not been long
So we’ll just see
So far we’re happy together

I can see that so far you seem awesome
But just hold on
It may be that you are actually quite weird
So just hold on

Me and you and you and me
I have to say I like you lots
So I will see
As of now I am not bored
Of you just yet
So far we’re happy together

Me and you and you and me
I have to say I like you lots
So I will see
Those things I think are cute right now
Might turn out to be
Beyond unbearable

So far we’re happy together
I hate this weather
So far we’re happy together
Let’s see where this is headed
So far we’re happy together
Happy together
So happy together

(ok so there are a few spots that it doesn't work, but I'm too busy to be creative enough) Just love it for what it is

2 comments:

AnimeFeaver said...

I like it :)
And this font makes smiley faces really ugly.. Look at it :)he doesn't look thrilled

Celestie said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this has made my day!! I may need to quote this at some future time in some future (or even current) relationship. "Those things I think are cute right now might turn out to be beyond unbearable" hahahahaha!! Excellent title choice as well.