Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Picture Says a Thousand Word

Or something like that.


Por Ejemplo…

This one captures many crucial elements in the dynamic between my cousin Ruth and I. Allow me to point out the two most prevalent. 1) She is the mean one out of the two of us. She was ALWAYS, I’ll repeat that, ALWAYS playing a joke at my expense, and if I got injured in the process, even better. B) Look at my hair, Oh my Troll!! From age 16 to 24 I did some frightening things to my hair.

But this one…

It says everything else about our relationship. (and you'll notice I was 22 in this photo and still in hair crisis mode)

Now that the visual portion of our lesson is over, I’d like to direct your attention to the main point.

I love photos. I think they are an amazing way to document my life. I have many, many albums and scrapbooks. Pictures capture so much easier what words are trying to say. (And it’s apparent how much I love words.) Pictures are just so meaningful and moving to me that I can look through the same old photos over and over again and never get bored. I love them… Love them!!

But I HATE taking them!!

I bought a nice, shiny, travel sized camera so that I could take it everywhere as I strive to document my life. But damn, do I actually have to be the one to take the photos? I don’t know if it’s just part of my super awkward nature, my inability to hold still very long, or the fact that I hate looking like a teenage girl trying to take myspace pictures, but I hate being behind the camera. You know what, I hate being in front of the camera as well. That’s probably why I always look like this…

I need a magic photo taking fairy to carry around my camera for me and capture moments that I want to remember.

4 comments:

Helaine said...

You're cute!!!

Megan said...

I looove pictures too! My best friend and I are ALWAYS taking pictures of our selves and each other. We wish we had a magic picture taking fairy too, so we could be in pictures TOGETHER once in a while. We're forced to hold the camera out and hope we get us both, or stand in front of a mirror and look in the mirror at the screen on the camera.

Mom said...

You are so creative...and quirky. I love it!!!

Celestie said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good choice of pictures....awesome. I personally like the port-a-potty one. hahahahha