Thursday, May 5, 2011

How to Cope with Work Stress in a Healthy and Effective Manner (If the sugar coma is not enough)

Option 2: Snow Globe Therapy


As I’ve mentioned before I feel a lot of stress from my job. I began to get concerned about gray hair and ulcers; however, I felt too young for either of these ailments so I devised some coping mechanisms.

I’ve made it my profession to teach youth various skills and life lessons. One of the things I spend my time doing is showing them how to handle their feelings when they become overwhelmed, angry or frustrated. I teach them strategies such as deep breathing, finding a relaxing hobby, or listening to music.

I do not make it a habit to take my own advice. The following strategy is not my professional opinion, merely what works for me… It may work for you…

Step One: Buy a shiny, cheerful snow globe.


Step Two: Shake it up and watch the snow twirl around whimsically.




Step Three: Smile

Step Four: Pull out a hammer and smash it to pieces.




Tip: You my combine with Option 1 and eat your kit kat while laughing menacingly as you crush the blissful wonderland.



Advice from a Qualified “Professional”: If you have eaten three or more candy bars and destroyed at least one snow globe and still feel on the verge of a)committing a crime of passion b) flinging yourself off of a building or c) throwing your phone through a solid object, proceed to option 3.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Hahahahahah. So good.

Lisa Marie said...

I have often thought about taking my dishes out into the backyard and hurlling them at the cement fence. Something about breaking things does make one feel better.

Vana said...

Just do it! Or buy some dishes for the sole purpose of throwing

Helaine said...

I was wondering about that evil smile in step 3......

Celestie said...

Um, that little girl smiling is probably the creepiest thing I've ever seen. And I'm still laughing.