Thursday, May 19, 2011

How to Cope with Work Stress in a Healthy and Effective Manner (If all Else Fails)

Option 3: Let it all Out Big Guy


I’ve mentioned before that I deal with a lot. I’m not trying to be a weenie about it; I’m just trying to cope the best I can. I’ve devised a few methods and they are fool proof. Yep, absolutely fool proof. But if all else fails I rely on my trusty dusty fall back method. Sometimes you just have to let it all out to move on.

Step 1: Find a cry song. This is a song that makes you cry every time you hear it or in some way makes you feel ok blubbering like a baby. If you don’t have one, I will lend you mine. Don’t ruin it though; I’d like to keep it in tact. I use it a lot.

I know it’s a country song, don’t judge. It works. By the second time the chorus plays I’m sobbing.


Step 2: Find a good cry spot. May I suggest the shower or an elevator. These are my favorite places to break down and let my tears fall. They’re private and hidden and if you choose the shower, it’s also nice and warm. However, in a pinch, I will take full advantage of the social stigma to ignore others on the subway and have my tearfest while riding to my next destination of torture. I firmly believe the subway is one of the most private places you can go to be alone. No matter how packed it is, everyone is making a diligent effort to ignore each other. (Another reasonable option is your car)

Step 3: Combine steps 1 and 2 and cry your little eyes out.

 
 
It’s like rain for the soul. The greatest thing about this method is that it’s free and you can do it whenever you’d like. I find myself crying daily as I ride in elevators while eating a candy bar and wielding a hammer. I look like a loon, but my stress levels are way down!!


I realize this suggestion was a little bit on the girlie side, but I feel pretty confident in saying that men can also employ this method with the same results. Give it a shot. What have you got to lose? Well, besides your Man Card.



*I hope my ‘How to Cope with Work Stress in a Healthy and Effective Manner’ lessons have been insightful and useful. If nothing else I hope everyone was reminded of how fantastic Kit Kats are… Mmmmm, now I want a kit kat… If you have any suggestions on other “How To’s” you’d like me to explain, I’m a treasure trove of knowledge and wisdom, email me at Savannahrrausch@gmail.com I look forward to writing about something you need to learn 'How To'

4 comments:

James said...

Could you explain how to Not Be Fat? You seem to be doing this well, and I have friends with pets who could use it.

Savvy Pants said...

Challenge Accepted

Celestie said...

Hahahahaha "friends with pets". I like that. Um, for being country, it's a great song. And yes, my first subway experience I was shocked at how everyone pretends they're alone.

Celestie said...

"How to get paid doing absolutely nothing". I'd LOVE to find that one out.